Should I sashay in to the local spa for a foot massage and pedicure? Get real! That’s not in the budget, Baby Doll.
So what’s a Frugalista to do? Make her own relaxing foot bath and soak away those aches and pains, that’s what!
All you need is a little of this and a bit of that — stuff I’ll bet you’ve got in the house and garden already — and voila! Your own private mini-spa for just a few pennies.
Sound good? Let’s get to it. Here’s how to make your own special foot soak:
• You’ll need a basin of hot water big enough to immerse your feet in.
• Mix in 1/4 cup of Epsom salts. It helps your body detoxify naturally. (You can get a BIG box of this stuff for just a couple of bucks at Walmart, Walgreen’s, Target, or check your local grocery store.)
• Now add a couple of green tea bags.
• Stir until the Epsom salts are dissolved, the tea begins to steep, and you can smell the herbal fragrance. Let the water cool just a bit.
Turn on some soothing music, grab your favorite book or magazine, a glass of wine (or whatever beverage you want), settle into a comfy chair, and ease your tired feet into this warm, fragrant footbath. For 15 minutes, just relax and enjoy a little “Me Time.” Aaaaaahhhhh. . . now, don’t you feel better?
And, Darlin’, you don’t need to feel one teensy bit guilty either. After all, your mini-spa moment cost less, lots less, than a buck. You’re worth a buck, aren’t you? Well, of course you are!
What are you waiting for? Get busy and mix up a relaxing foot soak right now!
© 2011 – The Famous Frugalista
- How to do an Epsom Salt bath (drufoodandhealth.wordpress.com)