You know me, as The Famous Frugalista I’m always on the lookout for a great deal to share with you. I’m all about helping you save money on the things you need. And this week, I’ve found a real goodie for you. In fact, it’s more like a trainload of goodies! A true Famous Frugalista Find of the Week!
Here’s just a teensy sample of super-duper savings available this week in four different cities:
• Want to work off some weight and have a little fun? Try 5 Jazzercise classes for 20 bucks. That’s half price, Cupcake!
• Car repairs are mega-expensive, you know that. $90 to spend on auto repairs for just $40 sounds pretty good to me. In fact, I could have used this deal last week.
• Do you dream of being on the PGA tour, complete with your own personal caddy and a throng of adoring fans clamoring for your autograph? Bring out your inner golf pro with 18 holes of golf and cart rental for two people – $31 (Unfortunately, no adoring fans included.)
• Are you a hockey fan? How does a premium or select c ircle ticket to a professional hockey game sound for just $13?
• Maybe you want to give your little darlin’ dance lessons but it’s just not in the budget. Here’s a deal for 52% off — weekly dance lessons for 2 months for $60. Can’t promise she’ll be a prima ballerina in a couple of months, but she should be more graceful. (Hey, wonder if I can get in on those lessons? I’ve been told I have two left feet.)
• Got an old photo of great uncle Elmer that desperately needs restoration? You can get a photo restored, plus a free 8 x 10 print made of it for 6 bucks. You read that right. Regular price is $50.
And I just scooped up a Home Murder Mystery Party for 15-20 people for just $25. Yep, that’s all. Half price. Comes with the whole mystery party laid out for me, including costume ideas, tips for food, music, decorations, even has the invitations ready to print out. Makes is soooo easy. No stressing about what to do, so I get to enjoy the party too. Hmmm. . . Now all I have to do is decide whether I want to be Iguana Trump, Mimi Martini, or Lucy Legs. As long I as can wear my purple feather boa, it’s all good. Zowie!
So, the question is “Famous Frugalista, where can I get in on these sensational savings?” And the answer is . . . (drum roll please. . .), . . . just sign up at LivingSocial.com for Daily Deal alerts.
It’s simple. You just plug in your email address and the cities where you want to find the deals. Full disclosure here — if you don’t live in a pretty good-sized place, your town won’t be listed. You’ll have to pick a city that’s near you. (I signed up for four different cities, two nearby and two where I want to vacation one of these days.)
Here’s how it works. Every day you get an email with at least one deeply discounted deal for a local business. The deals have a time limit attached — some are open for a few days, some much longer. There’s no spamming and Living Social guarantees to make it right if you’re not “jumping for joy” with your deal. A huge discount, no spam, and a guarantee. Don’t cha just love it?
When you buy, you get a link to your voucher the next day. You can give deals as gifts which is pretty nifty, especially if you forgot someone’s birthday or (gulp!) your anniversary. I know you’d never, ever do that — but just in case, it’s good to know about.
Maybe you’re thinking, “This deal’s pretty good, but it would be a whole lot better if I could get it for nothing.” (Spoken like a true Frugalista!) If you want your particular deal for free, then you can share a link with your friends. If three of ’em buy the same deal, yours doesn’t cost you a thing. Take that to the bank, Baby!
OK, Cupcake, get yourself signed up today and start saving some serious money.
And just so you know, I’m not getting paid to endorse this site or sing their praises. I just like the deals and I think you will too.
© The Famous Frugalista 2011